Click here to contact us about this position
Responsible for providing support to Shop Fabricators by preparing routine layouts, detail drawings, assembly drawings, sketches & diagrams. Details to include 2D and 3D drawings and dimensions necessary for manufacture of Steel Cell Phone Towers and Cell Phone Tower Parts. Make copies of drawings and maintains information regarding changes to database. As a Solidworks Designer, you will have the opportunity to work with a team of mechanical engineers and other designers, have a hand in growing an already established company, and utilize creative methods for solving problems. Compensation based on experience.
· Responsible for producing working drawings of designs created in SolidWorks for sheet metal components, machined components and SolidWorks assemblies utilizing technical drawing standards.
· Preparing proper bills of material based on design and ordering necessary unit(s) for assembly.
· Uses computer assisted design/drafting equipment and software to develop designs- 1-3 years working with SolidWorks Standard 2018 SP04.
· Be able to read and extrapolate drawing details from Structured Engineered Drawings for product and fabrication of Cell Phone Tower modules and parts.
· Create and revise production drawings (detail and assembly drawings)
· Drafts detailed multi-view drawings of products
· Responsible for setting up and maintaining an organized file system for production drawings in DROPBOX
· Collaborate on design matters with management and fabrication staff
· Perform detailed QA/QC of drawings
· Strong PC skills- MS Office Products
· Ensure a safe working environment by immediately addressing all unsafe acts and/or behaviors
· High school diploma or GED
· Customer service oriented
· Show up to work as scheduled
· Drug Free Workplace
· Able to work and communicate as a member of a team
· Must be able to multi-task in a fast pace environment
· Strong organizational skills; ability to accomplish multiple tasks within the agreed upon time frames through effective prioritization of duties and functions in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: This position has no supervisory responsibility
WORK ENVIRONMENT: While performing the duties of this job, the employee will work in a steel fabrication facility.